Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Upcoming Race to the end........of the world???

Regardless of what you think about any of the candidates, you have GOT to admit this is one of the most exciting races we have had in a very long time. My parents, who actually admit that voting twice for W was a HUGE mistake that may have cost them their military son's life, look forward to seeing who the Repubes can prop up against a sea of Dems to possibly keep control of the White House. I just smile and nod, knowing that they are merely hinting to being that much closer to needing a home.

Gunga........love the political rants, just to let you know we are all listening, it is merely the rest of the world, or at least the country, that has turned a deaf ear to anything reasonable and rationale.

6 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

I like that . . . "Reasonable, Rational." Would be a great name for a more reasonable and rational third party . . .

Listig said...

I've been a political junkie since I was a toddler and Nixon was being investigated (yeh, really, my parents and older sibs remember me watching the hearings!) so you bet this is a fun one to watch.

Its mostly a lot of fun IF:
You're a Dem and you like folk of the Edwards-Clinton spectrum

You're a Repub/Libertarian and you want anyone but the above.

For my part, since I'm a prematurely curmudgeonly libertarian type, the wanton populist pandering of Rev. H. and his corresponding ascendancy is most frightening.

I'm probably the least likely to vote for a Pastor of any political persuasion having once worked in church circles before making good my/our escape!

SnarkAngel said...

There are certainly some upsides to the Libertarian philosophy. So I would never consider you "curmudgeonly." LOL. I'm not really "excited" about any of the candidates, but of course, I will vote . . .

Anonymous said...

Hast thou not watcheth my "a Curmudgeon Amok in Chicago" videos- http://www.veoh.com/channels/ChicagoCurmudgeon especially the ones where I'm trying to park, and commenting on peoples inability do so well, use their turn signal, stop at a stop sign, etc?

I just wish there were a voice today for the Libertarian view on a par with, say, Milton Friedman. I think Rudy's pretty close, which is why he's my guy. Paul McC's a hero, he's poly-partisan, he's beholden to no one, but a deep political thinker he is not. Still, I'd talk a man or woman of half his abilities or history over most anyone except Rudy.

Listig said...

'Eh, that wasn't anonymouse, it was me, the Rug Goth, also known as "Kent the big gay dog walker" (at least until I informed the media that I'm not gay.)

SnarkAngel said...

Well, Rug Goth, just pop into The Anvil some Friday night for a healthy (or NOT-so-healthy) libation. That will get those media tongues to wagging! Right along with Hilde's and Killian's tails. And the parking videos are too funny . . .