Sunday, January 27, 2008

More news about the Granville Girls... Snark's clownmobile, Rug Goth (yours truly) did get published

They did print my letter about the rugs in today's Home and Garden section of the Trib. Strangely though... not every edition has it. The ones at Jewel did not, the ones at Granville Food and no-longer-liquors did, so I just about bought them out. You can read it here: I've already gotten one sweet comment on my rug blog (toothbrushrugs.blogspot.com) about the story. Its really rather a dream come true for me... I love this craft, I love taking trash and recycling into something useful and lovely. And I have to admit... you can take the preacher out of the pulpit... (or leave it willingly and with relish as I did) but the spirit and drive to spread the word... some word... remain.

Then as I was parking after shopping and my first day of my final nursing prereq, Snark drove by in what appeared to be a Chevette, but they haven't made those since the 70s, right? So inquiring minds want to know... how many clowns can it hold, *grin*

4 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

My lovely 11-yr-old Geo Metro Hatchback can hold 4 (sometimes 5, but it's a squeeze). And as Gunga knows, if we're doing some major power shopping at Target, two people is the max. I do LOVE this car. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned, gets fantastic gas mileage, and it just keeps on tickin'. And I can squeeze it into parking spaces others cannot even THINK about getting into; i.e., some of those parking spots in your parking vids that YOU, dear Rug Goth, had to bypass . . . LOL.

I am so proud of you for getting into the Sunday Trib!!! And damn it! I forgot to pick one up today, what with getting packed and temporarily moved to Lombard. The good news is: the Marriott Towne Suites is a block and a half from a Target. . . so I stocked up on some groceries . . . enough for 5 days of eating here. Great kitchen and TV, plus free internet for my laptop. So methinks I WILL be able to check in here at Pabulum more frequently than I had first guessed. And they had no studios, so they upgraded me, free, to a TWO BEDROOM. Not that I will even enter or use the big bedroom. Waste of space. The cat is starting to come out from under the bed, to eat, use the litter box, and occasionally let me pet him. But he is definitely "protesting" his forced relocation.

Now I'm off to check out the link you posted!

Listig said...

A Geo-Metro... yes, that explains it... a modern day chevette! *grin*

One of the German makers just released their 2 man car for the states... wish I could remember which one. Had Tess and I money, we'd get one of them or a mini for all the reasons you love your Geo and then some.

I just don't understand why... with electric cars... people don't do the obvious: Make the batter packs of them "hot-swappable" so all you do is pull into the service station, pull out the old almost dead ones, and exchange them for fully charged ones. It would be faster, more efficient, the batteries could be maintained properly by people who know what they're doing, would require no additional infrastructure, etc.

(Besides being a passionate environmentalist, I've always been a car nut too... one of the few aspects of the Hoosier culture which really stuck with me.)

On the Trib, thanks... I'd rather have a letter in the Trib than an article in the St. Louis Consummate Disgrace (really called the "post-dispatch" but only by people who've never read it.)

Boston_Betty said...

How're the GRI activities going, Snark?

SnarkAngel said...

RG, love your idea for the battery exchange. Makes so much sense. And I would LOVE a MINI if I could afford it! LOL.

Betty, GRI day one has come and gone. Exhausting. I'm not used to sitting in class for 8-1/2 hours per day. But on the upside, it was interesting and useful. And the instructors are a hoot! Tomorrow is a bunch of legal crap, which we have all been over 50 times. And our first exam. Okay, I need to go cram. LOL