Tuesday, January 29, 2008

NOW -W- gets religion?! & Sauced Gander

Ever since President Reagan's exit from office and public life, classic liberals (also known as "Jeffersonian Liberals," or "libertarians") have been the cuckolds of the GOP. We've seen her go whoring after lobbyists, shacking up with big government, taxing and spending with an abandon not seen since Imelda Marcos' last shoe shopping spree.

So now... months before he leaves office, President Bush makes a show of opposing earmarks?! Talk about a death bed conversion! Its not like he did anything to cut spending, simplify the tax code, reduce the size and wastefulness of the federal government when he had a GOP congress, when he could have actually done something about the problems.

Just pathetic.

Next topic... as you may have noticed, I'm no fan of either Clinton (I think the phrase "I'd not vote for him or her to be dog catcher" might have given that away, *grin*) Even so, I find it amusing and ironic that the same people who once cheered President Bill on when he was fighting no holds barred against Republicans have suddenly discovered that... he plays dirty. DUH! What's next... discovering that there is no tooth-fairy?! The birds are coming home to roost, what's been sauce for the goose is now sauce for the gander... and now its a problem, when for the last 15 years it wasn't.

Now here's where I might surprise you.... I don't give a rat's about how BC's shooting his mouth off... doesn't wedge my g-string any further up my crack than it already is. Politics is a dirty, vicious, ugly business... and it always has been.

Yes, I think he's making a fool of himself and making Barack's canonization that much more likely, but I just can't work up any moral indignation over his treating Saint Barack the way he's treated every opponent previously.


Ps.... if you want to see videos of Tess hallucinating with a migraine, the puppies cleaning our faces, etc., I'll be posting them over on my multiply blog later tonight... I know Snark loves them, but... ya gotta know your crowd. Ya'll are a fun, political, phreaky lot, the folks at Multiply more get off on the personal stuff. (In the same token, I did NOT post this there. I may... there's a couple of deep thinking passionate classic liberals over there, but the rest... are a mix of political agnostics, Huckabee fans, and people outside the US, so...

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Bushie's "conversion" is b.s. It's all about his fear that the democrats will put too much of their own stamp on the rebate bill and it will no longer be HIS GRAND IDEA! Granted, it's politics as usual, and the dems are no better, but Dubya's problem is that the EARMARKS would be DEMOCRAT earmarks.

Listig said...

That might explain why he finally 'saw the light' - he certainly had no problem with 'bridges to nowhere' when they were in Republican Land.