Monday, January 21, 2008

Monsieur et Madame papillon et ma Reine

Snark suggested I post some pictures and video of the rest of the Rug Goth family, my wife and Papillon (butterfly) dogs.

The Papillon is one of the older of the toy breeds. They go back to about the time of Columbus and are descended from Spaniels. They were bred for one purpose- to be companion dogs. Originally they were the favorites of royalty- Marie Antoinette had one (hers was floppy eared, the original ear style now known as the phalene or moth.) So they are relentlessly even aggressively friendly.

In our neighborhood, they are even more well known than I am, I dare say! They sniff out who needs some puppy love, and if they need a shoulder, some prayers, etc., then I provide those too- hence my conversations with street people, beggars, and Wincrest folk in many of my videos. I've always had a passion for society's rejects and misfits, and the pups are often my entre into their lives. I've found many a dear heart and deep soul among these people who most go out of their way to avoid. When Tess was most recently in the hospital, one went out of his way to ask after US every day he saw me.

Every night our dogs- Killian the black and white male and Hilde the tricolor female- sleep on our chests and give us a puppy facial.

In the videos and stills you also see the rugs I make. You can read more about them at my main blog which Snark so kindly added to the links- Tess' chevalier Listig. I also have a dedicated blog about them on blogger- toothbrushrugs.blogspot.com

(My favorite thing with the rugs is to take clothes which are being discarded and use them to make something useful and artistic. I've found clothes laying around here many times which were unwearable, but worked great in rugs. On my rug blog or main blog, you can also see my masterwork, a rug I made from the clothes Tess and I wore when we wooed and wed. They didn't fit anymore, but they had great sentimental value. The rug is now the centerpiece of our bedroom, as you'll see in the pix and vids.)


As for my beloved wife Tess, I hardly know where to begin! We've been in love 13 years, married 12+. She is disabled with chronic daily migraines, which is what brought us to Chicago and to Edgewater in specific. Her occupation from which she is disabled was as a professor of theology and Biblical and modern languages.

She's having a rough day with the front moving through and is eagerly waiting for me to come back and cuddle the pain away, so I'll save more gushing about her for later, and just dump some pix and vids on you. Enjoy!

This first video is new today... it shows a typical and touching scene in our home

Online Videos by Veoh.com

This was us doing what I call "Word nerd foreplay" yesterday- we flirted by correcting each other's grammar, and took scrabble along on our honeymoon, and here we are, still going at it, *grin*

Online Videos by Veoh.com

And here's a slideshow and some pix of the pups, often with Tess and my rugs.




I tried to embed the pictures as static images like I did on my multiply blog, but when I looked at the post, they came out looking awful, so to see the static images from the slideshow, click here.

6 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Killian and Hilde are adorable, and obviouisly love their "mommy" very, very much. They must be a tremendous comfort to her.

Listig said...

They are indeed... and to me as well. They're always good for a laugh... Hilde especially. The creative ways she finds to get in trouble...

Lately she's been digging through Barb's room and finding her lipstick and lip gloss to chew on... well, she is a Femme Frenchy after all...

SnarkAngel said...

A friend of mine who lives in Germany has the same problem with her dog . . . can't keep him away from the lipstick. LOL

Listig said...

Yeh, we like to joke that our cosmetics have ALL been animal tested, whether or not by the manufacturer, due to the puppy facials we often get.

Tess sometimes get frustrated... they seem to especially love licking off her expensive Burt's Bees tinted lip ointment!

SnarkAngel said...

Oh, come on! I'll bet you enjoy licking it off of her lips as much as the pups do!

Listig said...

Welllll.... I wouldn't call what I do "licking".... more like devouring as one would an ear of corn. And you know I have Mick Jagger like lips... and thanks to a little operation I had as a child (my first bodymod *grin*) the little flap between the tongue and floor of my mouth was snipped, so...