Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm no Bill Clinton fan, but COME ON! He who has not fallen asleep during a sermon let him cast the first... nodoz

Source: http://www.nypost.com/seven/01212008/news/regionalnews/01212008_bill_clinton/photo01.jpg

Dateline New York... and all over the media. The below is from the NY Post, in an article snarkily called "Bill has a dream" but its been everywhere....
January 21, 2008 -- Bill Clinton showed yesterday why he made it into the book "The Art of Napping." During an appearance at the Convent Avenue Baptist Church in Harlem, the former president was caught nodding off. Clinton was there during a service to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., while his wife was nearby at Abyssinian Baptist Church, where she was endorsed by its minister, Rev. Calvin Butts. Clinton has had napping episodes before. Among others, he nodded off at a Mets game and at Ronald Reagan's funeral.

Look, I'd not vote for him to be dog catcher, but SO WHAT IF HE FELL ASLEEP?!

Are we really such children that when every anybody with whom we disagree or for whom we don't care does ANYTHING we can use to attack and smear them, we do so...?

When I was an acolyte, I used to fix my eyes on a spot across from me and keep my eyelids open to stay awake. When I became a pastor, I used to joke that it was the only way I could stay awake during sermons.

I'd like to say this is beneath us as a nation, but clearly it isn't... and the faces on Rushmore are weeping over it.

4 comments:

Boston_Betty said...

I think I can safely say I'm a tad younger than Bill C. and I have fallen asleep at some pretty damned awkward times...including a training class conducted by my boss where there was only TWO people...myself and a co-worker!!! Talk about bad timing.

If the press actually spent its time addressing real news, instead of bullshit like this, maybe something might actually happen for the better in this country! I'm so sick of shit like, "Britney Spears seen getting out of car without underwear!" Honest to God, who gives a shit about Britney's cooze or Bill's bout with drowsiness!

Listig said...

Exactly... its like our collective age is about 11 years old-

The candidates keep going on "Did too [praise Reagan / raise taxes / get a new hairdo], did not ...."

SnarkAngel said...

How appropriate that he fell asleep at Reagan's funeral, given that the gipper was often prone to those impromptu nappy-poos. LOL

SnarkAngel said...

Forgot to add . . . forget the NoDoz. I choose Vivarin! Or those much more affordable "pink hearts" you can order from those shady on-line pharmacies . . .