Sunday, March 2, 2008

TWO MONTHS! SMOKE FREE!

Well, except for one slip-up of half a ciggie while drunk with drunk friends on January 5th, I have been smoke-free for two months. And nicotine-gum-free for a month.

But the road ahead of me is much, much longer. I still experience those deliciously torturous psychological "triggers," the most prominent one being the process of watching others smoke. Perhaps because I instantly recall that "relaxed, satisfied feeling" I experienced as soon as I began to inhale. And I remember it as a social experience . . . with my smokin' buddies. But my formerly more prominent "light-one-up-now!" triggers, like sitting in front of the home computer, finishing a satisfying meal, finishing a satisfying f*#k, driving, having a cocktail . . . well, THOSE seem to be under control. So far.

I almost have myself believing that there is only ONE person who could command me to light up a ciggie . . . perhaps because he looks so delicious doing so himself . . .

EqualizerVDO-Smokin

D'OnofrioClaireDolanSmokin

Vincent Blond and Smoking

4 comments:

Just Catie said...

I am barely smoking these days and I am actually glad they no longer allow smoking in the bars so I do not have to fumigate my clothing every time I go out. Because I barely smoke anymore, many have said to merely quit in totality. I choose to simply let it fade away. I do however commend those who have given up the filthy habit and one day, I too may join your ranks.

SnarkAngel said...

It is very much a personal decision as to when and why one quits. You will know when you are truly ready, if you feel you must stop. I would LOVE to be one of those people who could smoke one pack a month and not let it progress, but alas, I am not. For me, it really is an addiction, and one that I felt I was ready to lose.

val said...

I've been wondering how it was going. Well done!

SnarkAngel said...

Thanks, Val!