Friday, March 7, 2008

Chita Rivera - The Shriners Ballet

For Mrs. Right:

I just received a Judy Garland Show episode circa 1964 with Chita doing "Plenty O' Nuttin" that reminded me our Mrs. Right who performed this song in a high school production of "Bye Bye Birdie".

She tells me many an hysterical story of being dropped in dance class, and an ill-fated almost-costarred-with-a-forgetable-ex-of-mine star turn in "Birdie". My ex could never, ever, carry anything to completion, which is one of a multiple of reasons he is an ex. The ex was cast in the role of Conrad Birdie, but decided the production was "So Wrong", a phrase I heard one too many times myself a decade and half or so later, and dropped out, a few weeks before the curtain rose.

Anyway, the Luft estate is strictly protective of their Garland brand so nothing of the show remains on YouTube for long. So instead, I give you Chita reprising her role, Spanish Rose, from the 1960 show, a role our Mrs. Right also applied her formidable talents to.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Your "ex" sounds like a real "ex-lax." Now go take a dump, honey ... and let that shit go! Love the Chita, by the way...seeya soon...