Friday, December 28, 2007

Ungrateful family

Another promised post:

I spent about $150 to buy all of the ingredients to make my usual boxes of homemade baked goods that I send around the world to family and friends. I spent an additional $50 on packaging and another $167 on postage. Yet again, the ungrateful bastards didn't even acknowledge receipt of the baked goods...........and I continue to do this why?????

Every year I get the same question from family and friends about whether or not my baked goods are forthcoming. When I state, for a fact that they are, everyone expresses pure joy. But, could they acknowledge that the packages even arrived? Apparently an email or text these days is simply too exhausting an endevour to engage their sorry little asses in. There, I have vented, AND I am declaring this the last year of baked joy from this household. Ok, I still have to make Stolen for my dad, fruit cake for JW and fudge for Rick's dad, but THAT IS IT!!!!

4 comments:

Boston_Betty said...

People can be ungrateful...it's sad, but a fact. Since it's also true that folks don't usually miss something until it's gone, do yourself a favor next year and just take the money you would have spent on them and go treat yourself to a wonderful spa treatment!!!

val said...

B_B's suggestion sounds good to me!

SnarkAngel said...

Boston Betty also has terrific ideas . . . by the way, Katie, I FOR ONE LOVED YOUR BAKED GOODS . . . and I have a couple of those containers to get back to ya. Missed you, and welcome back!

Riley Edwards said...

I am so grateful for reading this blog. Great job by the author...Now let's talk about our business... Get Educated and Good looking Call Girls in Shimla at affordable price. She will seduce you and provide you complete sexual satisfaction. We can provide you College Hot Call Girls who can dance and drink with you and also provide sexual body massage. It's all your choice to select the girl as per your desire and we make sure you will enjoy every moment with lots of fun and excitement.