Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sunday Sondheim - The Ballad of Sweeney Todd

and "No Place Like London".
In Concert - Wnat a Chorus! And yes that's "Doogie Howser" Neil Patrick Harris, who already cut his teeth with "Rent". Me thinks Johnny Depp and Helenna Bonham Carter have their work cut out for them. However, Johnnie, Helena, and Tim Burton never fail to surprise me.

How'd you like a little squiff, dear,
A little Jig Jig,
A little bounce around the bush?
Wouldn't you like to push me crumpet?
It looks to me, dear,
Like you got plenty there to push.
...
There's a hole in the world
Like a great black pit
And it's filled with people
Who are filled with shit

And the vermin of the world
Inhabit it...

4 comments:

Boston_Betty said...

My God, was that George Hearn re-presing his role as Sweeney Todd??? My late mother and I saw him and Angela Lansbury together in Sweeney Todd in Boston at the old Metropolitain (now Wang Center) nearly 30 years ago. If that's him, he's aged incredibly well!!!

Boston_Betty said...

Ooops...should have read 're-prising.'

Gunga Dean said...

That is he. I think this was 2 years ago. It played Ravinia, with Patti Lupone. The DVD is awsome.

val said...

Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid, though it's a good performance.