Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lost In Translation

Just got out of an interminable meeting the only highlight of which was a gent speaking with a British accent. I'm a sucker for that.

It did remind me of a business function I attended here where I overheard another Englishman state to his American female friend:

"Let's pop out and share intercourse over a couple of fags."

Its less jawdropping "American" translation would be:

"Let's step outside for a smoke and chat."

UPDATE:

Pulled from the comments from our Val:

"I remember one of the American students in my hall of residence at university telling us how shocked she was when she first heard someone talking about wanting to be knocked up in the morning, and not realising the girl wanted an early morning call."

2 comments:

val said...

Oh, but he knew he was saying something outrageous in the American tongue.

I remember one of the American students in my hall of residence at university telling us how shocked she was when she first heard someone talking about wanting to be knocked up in the morning, and not realising the girl wanted an early morning call.

SnarkAngel said...

Hilarous!