Saturday, December 15, 2007

Found It! Allegro non troppo-Sibelius-Sad Cat


Valse Triste- Double click on your screen and go to YouTube and fill your screen with this....

This one made me cry, a forgotten cat's lament...

I was 17 (OK, 18) when this movie came out and I will never, ever, forget it. Especially this vignette. I saw this movie with the aforementioned Janice, and Joyce. By the end of this scene we three were sobbing in our seats. And I have never been Cat People, unless its the 1982 Paul Schrader remake (with David Bowie singing the title song) or the even better 1942 Jacques Tournier original horror movie.)

But back on point...

It made me cry all over, again.

But then again, I have just had some Jaeger shots, generously poured by our SnarkAngel at the Anvil, so I'd now cry at cutesy pictures of kittens or even those putrid pie-eyed pussy portraits perennially posted at pediatric or podiatric doctors offices.

(God, I love alliteration.)

Update: Go read the IMDB Comments on this film to see what I mean. It has quite the fan club. This film is far superior to Disney's Fantasia.

4 comments:

val said...

I've decided not to watch it - I am cat mad, and can't face how sad I might feel if I catch a glimpse.

Boston_Betty said...

Funny but I hadn't thought of this piece in a while, until I was in Tell Aviv a couple of months ago...feral cats everywhere!!! Most of the time they would run away from you, but there were a couple who'd obviously been domestic house kitties once and were so friendly and affectionate and just wanted to come home with someone and be loved. Sad.

SnarkAngel said...

Seeing this makes me want to go out and adopt more homeless kitties. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

SnarkAngel said...

. . . and yes, it was quite the "blogfest" at Anvil last night . . .