Friday, December 28, 2007

A final note....for the record, of course

Having lost my job almost 3 weeks ago, very unexpectedly I admit, and having not had the unemployment kick in, I must admit that I am beginning to panic about the rent due in Jan. Every time the money situation seems desperate it seems I begin to stock my cabinets. I found myself at the grocery store today buying all the necessaries for a full turkey dinner, to be prepared Sunday and served at 5ish (for those in the hood, this IS an invite), and the stuff to make a beef stew. So, yet again, I find myself at 9:00pm preparing beef stew for the crock pot and planning the makings of a turkey feast, all in the name of left overs, of course, in order to have food in the home as they prepare my inevitable eviction notice. My question to all is, "Am I the only one?"

2 comments:

val said...

Oh, Catie, the uncertainty of losing a job is awful. It didn't happen to me till I was over 50 but I had the buffer of an early pension award to kick in - eventually. The panic waiting for them to sort that out was terrible, but at least I knew it was coming. I really hope you get a new job soon.

SnarkAngel said...

We need to find you a roommate soon!