Saturday, December 22, 2007

Be Afraid! Be Very Afraid!!!

I'm driving today, 1st time this year I believe. I depart from my perch on the north side of Chicago for my cousin's house in a faraway southwest suburb of Homer Glen. Locked down my car share for the first time and will be venturing out around 4:00PM, sans navigator, nor co-pilot so you may want to cut me a wide berth on LSD & I-55.

I'll be the sweaty one with the white knuckled iron grip on the steering wheel (10 and 2 o'clock positions), and the ever rigid posture, clamping down on a google map of directions with my teeth.

"I mostly come out at night, mostly"

Your Gunga Dean, AKA Road Warrior!

P.S.

And then I will make the return journey....

4 comments:

val said...

Google map directions? NOOOOOOO! You have no idea what online directions did to my cousins and me on our back-road (for which read GRAVEL road) journey from Bon Accord (outside Edmonton, Alberta) to Athabasca (Google it and you get aerial photos of forest fires, nothing else ever happens there).

SnarkAngel said...

Good thing I'm not going with ya. It would, once again, be like last Sunday, the mad misadventures of Snark and Gunga, spending more time on the road than they did at the actual party they were driving to. God! I hate bloody suburbs! But then, I suppose the boring people have to live somewhere . . . oh, don't tell Francine Fishpaw I said that . . .

Gunga Dean said...

I have to pilot AND navigate. I need a bumber sticker" I Brake for Intersections, ALL OF THEM!"

Gunga Dean said...

I Mean Bumper, or Bummer sticker...