Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tag, You're It!

From Ballon Juice:

Quick, look around and grab the closest book to where you’re sitting. No scooting closer to that unopened copy of Whitehead’s Function of Reason, cheaterm just grab what’s nearby right now. Willing to say what it is?

Tom Levenson just tagged me with the “123” meme so it looks like I have no choice. Here is my mission, should I choose to accept it:

look up page 123 in the nearest book
look for the fifth sentence
then post the three sentences that follow that fifth sentence on page 123.


I get:

Bode well (or ill) show good (or bad) signs for the future. Boding n. (OE bodian f. Boda messinger)
Bodega n. a cellar or shop selling wine and food, esp. in a Spanish-speaking country. (Sp. F. L apotheca f, Gk apotheka storehouse)
Bodge var. of BOTCH.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

I get:

Free e-mail accounts: At least one service is available that gives you free dial-up accounts for e-mail only. The price you pay is having advertisements appear on-screen as you read your messages. Juno Online is this type of service (call 800-654-JUNO to ask for a software disk).