Friday, May 23, 2008

Life, such as it is

I KNOW we promised no drunk posts, but I think this merits an exception. This evening, as I strolled to Gino's for a bite, I heard, but did not witness, a case of car v. bike, car won accident. I stuck around to call 911 and then directed traffic until the police and the ambulance showed up. That should have been my sign.

I continued to Gino's where I ate a nice salad and heard about a friend who lost his mother. No sooner did that news break then I was asked to discuss a legal case involving someone who had been arrested a number of times on trumped up charges. My legal blood boiled and my number was given to a poor lost soul who needed better legal advice.

The night got even better at the Evil A. So much for a night out on the town. Is this the universe telling me to just stay home? I think it was the universe telling me that my problems are small and I need to be there for others.

3 comments:

Listig said...

Yeh, that does go a bit beyond the wink wink, nudge nudge level, doesn't it.

Sorry I missed you and the others at the Anvil... as I told Snark in PM, Tess has had another one of those weeks. I hit the pillow HARD at 6pm, and just woke up (no alcohol involved, not even NA beer, just body and soul exhaustion.)

On the bikes... I'm not surprised. I used to be an avid cyclist, but I wouldn't set foot to pedal here. Between the cars who "nudge" you out of the crosswalk (as a pedestrian) and the cyclists who loose all ability to read English (as in those nice "little" signs which say S-T-O-P) and ride like they are bound and determined to "reduce [their own] numbers" [south park]...

Hope to catcha ya again, or drop us a line sometime hun!

val said...

It may not have been much fun for you, but two people are better off because of you. Feel proud.

Gunga Dean said...

You go, Girl!