Monday, September 29, 2008

Songs for the New Depression - Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?

Are the same songs from the Old Depression:

Circa 1931: Crooner: Bing Crosby, Lyrics: EY "Yip" Harbug, Music: Jay Gorney, Photo's: Dorthea Lange:

Once I built a railroad, I made it run, made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad; now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?
Once I built a tower, up to the sun, brick, and rivet, and lime;
Once I built a tower, now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?
Thanks to Bing, Yip, Dorthea, and Republicans Everywhere

3 comments:

Boston_Betty said...

The saddest, most pathetic thing about all of this, is that there are STILL a lot of idiots out there who STILL just don't fucking get it!

I saw some fat bitch--who obviously doesn't read his scripture well enough to know that gluttony is a sin--going on about how he doesn't like John McCain and thinks the GOP's done a 'poor job' (I'd say disasterous, nut that's just me!)but that he has no option because he simply can't vote for Obama because he's 'not pro-life or pro-taditional marriage.' Actually, Obama is not in favor of gay marriage, but why let facts stop you.

I hope this slob, and tens of thousands like him, wind up penniless and living in their pastors' parking lots!

Gunga Dean said...

Ouch! An on point!

SnarkAngel said...

The masses of asses ... they read the headlines and nothing else. If this economy goes completely into the toilet, Americans should FIRST point the finger at themselves. Idiots.