Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Why I LOVE Living on Granville Avenue in Chicago!

Because . . .

1) We're on YouTube so we're famous!

2) Because we inspire artistic comparison and commentary!

3) Because we have such interesting characters with such fascinating hobbies, like chasing cranes!



4) Because the neighbors are so well behaved . . . and law enforcement makes us feel so safe . . .

5) And all the residents know each other by name . . .

6) Living here is better than watching cable . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mlrY_qf0uk

7) Local celebrity artists mix so well with the working class of the neighborhood.



8) Because we have LOVELY public transit facilities with live music.

9) Life on Granville is never dull . . . so much to see and do!



10) People share their life-changing moments, inspired by life in this vast and rich community!



11) We enjoy the finest shops, restaurants, and apartment buildings! Hello Gino's North! Hello Grandeur!



12) Charming sidewalk cafes . . . insightful conversation, including the latest fashion trends . . .

8 comments:

val said...

I'm sorry - life is too short to spend half an hour of it watching these - er - wonderful citizens share their interests with us. I have pins to stick in my eyes.

SnarkAngel said...

Can I borrow some pins?

Gunga Dean said...

Be afraid. Be Very. Afraid.

Snarkangel has a new toy and may soon be making such things as these on his own.

SnarkAngel said...

And the new toy is FABOO!

val said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Mercy!

Listig said...

Hey, cool, glad you got some fun out of my videos! Those women were fun, I'm always amazed at how people will open up to me... all it takes is a couple of cute dogs or a crazy-@ss goth outfit, and people wanna talk. They'd never do that if I were in a suit and tie.... of course, were I in a suit and tie, there'd be a man with a gun pointed at my head followed close behind

SnarkAngel said...

Ha! Ha! Welcome, you crane-chaser, you! I used to wear a suit and tie. It scared me. I didn't like myself. I still wear a tie now and then. Something that Billie Jo from Green Day would wear.

Listig said...

I gotcha beat, Snarkster my friend, I used to wear a clergy collar and a suit.

Funny, we jokingly called them dog collars... now I wear the real thing... with three big rings and a chain on it.

Still have all my old clergy ware, was gonna wear it for Halloween, but brought up too many bad memories (last pastor I worked with, which is why I'm not working in that church body anymore, said my wife's migraines were either due to unconfessed sin or demonic possession.)

So... I went DADA instead. Think I posted a picture to my multiply blog- listig.multiply.com