Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Supporting Our Troops - Bush Style

UN-F$#KING-BELIEVABLE!!


The U.S. Military is demanding that thousands of wounded service personnel give back signing bonuses because they are unable to serve out their commitments.

To get people to sign up, the military gives enlistment bonuses up to $30,000 in some cases.

Now men and women who have lost arms, legs, eyesight, hearing and can no longer serve are being ordered to pay some of that money back.

Well they won't be able to afford to get to those moldy VA hospitals, then would they?

I'm sure Michelle Malkin and Bill O'Reilly and all the folks at National Review will get right on it!

This is my treasonous post of the day.

Update:

FYI

I did not plagiarize this story from Rising Hegemon.

I borrowed it from Balloon-Juice.

(And the Li'l Scotty story below is on every blog I've read today.)

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Poor Bushie and his military-industrial cronies have to RECYCLE those valuable bonuses just to keep up with the desertion rate, let alone the loss of troops to injury and death. Filthy bastards.

val said...

I can't believe anyone could be so callous.

Except Bush and co of course.