Saturday, October 27, 2007

OH . . . STEVE O . . . YOU DO SURPRISE ME!

Historically, I've been of the opinion that Steve O of "Jackass" fame was, at his very best, unsavory, uninteresting, and smarmy. Yes, those were the "best" adjectives I could find to describe him. My apologies, Mr. O. You've shown a side of yourself I've never seen (NO . . . not THAT side!).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Steve-O put it perfectly in his interview with PETA: "Abuse yourself all you want," he says, "just leave animals out of it. Don't wear fur." He encourages fans to "be comfortable in your own skin and let animals keep theirs."

Finally, a spokesperson for animal rights who can actually appeal to trailer trash. The only problem is . . . how many trailer trashites own real fur???? Hmmmm . . .

In other animal rights news, The Humane Society of the United States has been busy rescuing animals from the fires in California, and yes folks, they ARE accepting donations (of course!).

2 comments:

val said...

I know not who he is, but I agree wholeheartedly with what he is saying. Fur is creeping back over here. I used to think fakes were great because you could look good without anything dying, but now they are so good, you can't always tell, so people wearing the real thing are avoiding the spitting and red paint. Most of the things that supply the dead look are rabbits, which are not as easily recognizable as big game, sable or mink, but were just as alive and feeling.

SnarkAngel said...

Me too, Val. I was actually surprised to see STEVE O making the statement. Nevertheless, nice to see ANY celebrity use their powers of persuasion for animal rights. Hey, I'll take what I can get!