Monday, August 6, 2007

"BOO!!!"

sez the President.

"CRASH!!!" goes the constitution.

Does anyone remember this:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."


Can you hear me now?

George can.

And we all know we can trust him and Gonzo and his politicized Justice goons to use discretion and limit his extra-constitutional FISA activities to terrorism investigations.

and "they hate us for our freedoms".

What's left of them anyway.

4 comments:

val said...

I'm a Brit, and I can't get my head around how many people I blog with, who I think of as ordinary and like me, have guns. They defend it by saying it's for their own defense against government tyranny. To which my reply is - Don't you then have a DUTY to shoot Bush with your gun?

SnarkAngel said...

Val, I think this is a job for Nicole Wallace. She needs to seduce her way into the White House so she can rub Georgie down with some poisonous lotion. Then Goren can save the day!

val said...

Oh, yes, I like your thinking!

Our freedoms just got curtailed when the courts decided that protesters couldn't hold demonstrations at Heathrow Airport against climate change. Yes, let the airlines wreck the planet, but wo betide anyone who dares to complain about it!

SnarkAngel said...

Yes, I'm afraid that freedom-squashing, like global warming, is becoming a global phenom.