Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Get Letters. What's Your Preference?

Dear (Gunga, dammit!) Dean:

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to the military's current "don't ask, don't tell" policy. I am glad that we agree on this issue.

I support repealing the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Attempts to divide people like this have consumed too much of our politics over the past six years. The essential test for military service should be patriotism, a sense of duty, and a willingness to serve, not sexual preference. I will be sure to remember your views and share them with my colleagues in Congress as I urge them to take timely action on this issue.

Dean, thank you again for writing. I hope you will continue to stay in touch.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
United States Senator


My preference is lot's!

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Peppermint Patty: "I got an eMail!"

Linus: "I got a letter!"

Lucy: "I got a phone call!"

Charlie Brown: "Uh . . . I got a rock."

SnarkAngel said...

Lucy: "I got a man!"

Linus: "I got a hermaphrodite!"

Peppermint Patty: "I got a woman!"

Charlie Brown: "uh . . . I got VD."