Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Green Man of Sanibel



I have to say the Art Fair on Sanibel is very nice. Lot's of talent. Better stuff then Halsted Market Daze. But most of it was out my pocketbook's reach. Some of the art glass was $2000.00 for a wonderful quilted plate. I'm guessing they were aiming for the Captiva market.

But I could not resist this one. It has a metalicized (something very shimmery baked within) green glass frame leaded around the metal bronzed green man. Most spectacular.

BTW, got this big guy from Classic Glass Studios, Custom Stained Glass Art Studios, from Palmdale, FL 33944 or Abell, Maryland 20606 email: classicglassstudios@yahoo.com. The artist was the nicest guy and had some really neat stuff. Alas no website.

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Looks like an old boyfriend of mine. Gee . . . what was his name? OH yeah . . . Manny Green. Bronze skin, green eyes, metalicized personality. Oh well, ya can't have everything . . .

Classic Glass Studios said...

Hey Gunga Dean. That is my art! Very cool finding you now. I do have a web site now,(although it looks as if it was put together by an 80 year old Amish dude from Lancaster, Pa.)www.classicglassstudios.com, or you can also find me on Blogger.com at classicglassstudios.com.blogger.com. Thanks for the nice words, and thanks for putting my stuff up on your blog.

Best Regards;
Classic Glass Studios
Abell, Md. & Palmdale, Fla.